Bremer offers the latest state-of-the-art technology in advanced orthotic and prosthetic devices
Since 1935, Bremer Orthotics & Prosthetics (formerly Bremer Brace of Florida) has served the area with the latest and most technologically advanced orthotic and prosthetic services.
Bremer Brace of Florida, Inc. was founded by D. Wilmore Bremer in 1935. Mr. Bremer was one of the pioneers in orthotics and prosthetics in the country, and was one of the founders of the American Board for Certification and the American Orthotics and Prosthetic Association. Not only was he one of the first certified professionals in the country, but Bremer Brace was one of the first certified facilities. Wilmore Bremer remained active in the business until 1968, when his son, Ross Bremer, purchased the company.
Ross Bremer was one of the founders of Bremer Medical, Inc., and is one of the world’s leading authorities on cervical fracture treatment using halo systems. He continues his work with the entire spine today, having recently developed and patented the VertAlign and Comfalign Spinal Support System, which is in use throughout the United States for spinal problems.
- Serving Jacksonville since 1935.
- Locally owned and operated.
- Well known to the local healthcare community while maintaining a national reputation for innovation and excellence.
- Bremer Orthotics & Prosthetics is recognized worldwide for excellence in spinal orthotics and halo expertise.
- Over 80 years of combined experience in emergency rooms, trauma centers and operating rooms.
- Bremer Orthotics & Prosthetics has state licensed and nationally ABC certified orthotists and prothetists on call 24/7 for emergencies. Florida state law requires orthotists rendering skilled services (ie, fractures, spinal injuries, etc.) to be licensed.
- Prescribing physician has choice of products since Bremer Orthotics & Prosthetics is a service company, as well as a manufacturer.
- An in-house laboratory allows for providing custom bracing with same day/next day turnaround – is an option when necessary.
- Follow up care is provided in an ABC accredited patient care facility with all the equipment necessary to fulfill the 31 Supplier Standards.
- Multiple locations in close proximity to area hospitals are available to patients.
- Walk-in patients are accepted.
- Amputee on staff for peer counseling
- Habla Españo